About the Obama Foundation
Founded in January 2014, the Obama Foundation is the platform for former President
Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama’s philanthropic activities and an integral part of
their voice for continued civic engagement. The Obama Foundation will be a living,
working center for citizenship in the 21st century -- to identify, train, and connect the next
generation of leaders and engaged citizens. The Foundation is developing the Obama
Presidential Center on the South Side of Chicago to serve as headquarters for the projects
it will undertake across the city, the nation, and around the world.
As President Obama said in his farewell address, "I am asking you to believe. Not in my
ability to bring about change — but in yours.” That concept is one the Obamas championed
from the beginning, and it is now a cornerstone of the Obama Foundation’s efforts to
support and develop the next generation of active citizens and emerging young leaders at
home and around the world.
Real change—big change—takes many years, and requires each generation to believe that
its participation matters and embrace the obligations and opportunities that come with the
most important office in a democracy: that of Citizen. Together, we have made
extraordinary progress. Because there is more to do, this work lives on in the Obama
For more information on the Obama Foundation, please visit www.obama.org .
About the Role
The IT Team is looking for an IT professional with strong technical, organizational and
customer service skills to join the team in our Chicago headquarters. The Helpdesk Analyst
will ensure that Foundation staff members in Chicago have the technology they need in
order to do their jobs. This includes both reactively responding to Help Desk issues as well
as proactively identifying and addressing trends in tickets submitted and putting into place
training and resources designed to decrease tickets submitted in the future. In addition,
the Helpdesk Analyst will support the IT Manager in expanding IT infrastructure to other
offices. The Helpdesk Analyst will report directly to
the IT Manager.
The Helpdesk Analyst will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes:
● All staff members in the Chicago office have the technology tools and resources
● IT team is supported throughout implementation of IT infrastructure in future
● All IT inquiries sent to helpdesk@ receive an initial response as soon as possible.
● Thorough and detailed documentation is created to address recurring and future IT
● Helpdesk survey is rolled out and feedback is analyzed for trends.
● Within one month of receiving feedback from survey, implement improvements to
IT resources/training with the goal of decreasing helpdesk tickets in the future for
The ultimate aim of the Helpdesk Analyst is to achieve the outcomes listed above. In order
to achieve those outcomes, we imagine that the Helpdesk Analyst will spend his/her time
in the following ways:
● Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
● Create accounts and configure hardware for new users.
● Work with new staff members to ensure the have the technology resources and
training necessary to do their jobs.
● Respond to support requests and ensuring timely resolution.
● Analyze Helpdesk tickets for trends and create resources (e.g., tip sheets) and/or
trainings designed to reduce the number of tickets submitted for specific issues
● Create and implement a Helpdesk survey, analyze results, propose and implement
● Manage security systems and ensure they are up to date.
● Deploy and configure phone systems.
● Work with the IT Manager to implement IT infrastructure in future offices.
The Helpdesk Analyst will possess the following skills, qualities, and characteristics:
● 2+ years of experience in an IT support role
● Experience in G Suite to include, user and group creation, best methods for intaking
and dispersing those requests, app policy changes, auditing and alerts, quarantine
● Experience with SSO environment and connecting third party Apps
● Familiar with OSI reference model, can isolate hardware vs software issues
● Networking concepts and fundamentals - knows difference in equipment types,
able to tone/trace cables, identify what network layer issues exist
● Security focused - understand what constitutes as an unacceptable and acceptable
● OSX genius - able to perform all Apple software administrative tasks and know how
to remedy hardware issues
● Experience with advanced AV Systems and their interactions with VC solutions
● Exceptional customer service, establishing rapport easily with other people
● Exceptional communicator, verbal and written; track record of communicating
effectively with people across teams and at all levels
● Team player who is positive and approachable for many different teams and levels
-- passionate about the IT-scope of work being done efficiently and correctly
● Actively seeks to be helpful and correct problems to the fullest extent
● Proven track record of working under pressure and juggling multiple requests with
minimal or no supervision, proactive
● Excellent time management and knowledge of how to prioritize effectively
● Commitment to our mission of supporting and developing the next generation of
To express interest, please send an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday,
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to